Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My 2 boys!

Credits: Template7 by SV designs; Papers and elements from Weeds and Wildflower's Welcoming Spring freebie; Fonts, Assimilate and Amanda's hand.

Credits: Template7 by SVdesigns; Papers and flower by Misty Cato's Starting in Style freebie; Spring quote by Jackie Eckles; Atomic cupcakes painted chipboard action on quote and brackets; Fonts, Childish Alpha and Charlie.

I've been working on another layout of Candy and no matter what I do, I don't like it. Don't you hate it when that happens? I thought I would do a couple layouts of my boys to try and get my mojo back, LOL. I took these pics (and many more) out in the backyard yesterday and had to scrap them. Riley is 2.5 and Hunter is 4.5 and they are loving the sunshine after months of snow! On another note, I hope all of you with pets have not been affected by the pet food recall. Luckily I don't feed Kayla any of the brands listed. I gave both her and Candy PurinaOne for years but Kayla's had such a problem with allergies that I switched her to an all natural food with lots of meat and very little grains and she has less itching now. I did a lot of research on dog food and it's amazing how bad most of the poplar brands are for our dogs. Anyway, if any of your furbabies have been affected, my heart goes out to you...it's so sad.
Thanks for the compliments on my last layouts, It's nice to hear that I'm inspiring people to get those pet layouts done! I'm still putting the finishing touches on my next freebie so hang tight :)

9 comments:

Carol said...

Would love to hear more about this food recall, hope it's only over there and not in Australia. (although it sounds like it's not good so I'm sorry if you're going through some trauma).

Beautiful layouts of your boys, what gorgeous smiles they have.

Tommie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tommie said...

Thank God my Doggies only get natural foods as well, and not the Yukkie prefabricated dry foods...
Glad to read yours is also fed naturally!!

Great layouts again !!!.
And beautiful pictures (and boys!!) you've made, I also liked your Candy LO's !!...
Really keeps me inspired to use your great freebies...

Love from the Netherlands !!

Paula

Anonymous said...

You have a couple of real cuties!! Love all of your layouts. Yes, it is so sad to hear about all of the pets that were affected by the pet food.

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Great layouts and your boys are just to cute!

LVMommy22 said...

i love how you made such different LO's from the same template! you should send them to shandy to post on her blog - she's looking for some. your boys are gorgeous, by the way! thanks for sharing them!
:) M

Calico said...

lvmommy22... thanks for letting me know about Shandy looking for layouts to post, I sent her a link to mine :)

Calico

Shandy said...

can't believe that both came from the same template - you rocked them both! and i LOVE how you've used those fresh spring colors on a boy layout! :) thanks for giving me the link :)

Shandy said...

it's me again :)
I didn't see an email address to contact you... so thought I'd post it here.. was just wondering if you'd be willing to let me post these (or even just a link back here if you'd prefer) of the LO's on my blog... you can email me:
shandyvogt AT hotmail DOT com
thanks again :)