Sunday, December 29, 2013

Wish Ornament Cross Stitch by Dimensions Gold

I was gifted these two Dimensions Gold kits by a friend and they sat in my stash for over a year until I finally pulled one out and started stitching it in Dec 2012...
 I chose the one with the Chickadee to do first and thought I would finish it quickly and start the second one...
However, although small in size it ended up being quite a tedious project...


What was tedious you might ask? I found pulling the 3 strands of floss (maybe even 4, can't remember) a bit difficult through the fabric for one thing. The back-stitching was also tedious trying to figure out exactly where it should go in some areas. It also required some couching around the word 'Holiday' and I had a heck of a time getting that to look right...
All-in-all it turned out great! I still need to get out the sewing machine and finish it into a stuffed ornament even though I think it's a bit big for a tree ornament at 4 1/4" square.
 I haven't been able to bring myself to start the next one yet.  :)

No comments: