Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Feasting Frenzy Cross Stitch (in progress)

I love this fun, colorful kit from Dimensions called Feasting Frenzy!. This was a gift from my oldest son for Christmas 2010. This is how it will look when finished...
 I didn't start it right away because I was rather overwhelmed by the size of it at the time (10"x14" on 18ct Aida)....
 So it sat in my stash for awhile until I gained some experience and finally started it at the end of Oct 2012....
 I continued on with it until Feb 2013 and hit a snag with the back-stitching...
The pattern seems to want me to stitch these really long top stitches on the roof. I did a few you can see on the lower right but it just doesn't look right to me the way the long threads lay on top of the design. I need to figure a different way of doing it so the lines don't look choppy. I'll scratch my head on this one a little longer and come up with a solution.

No comments: