Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Schoolhouse Cross Stitch (in progress)

I was browsing Patterns Online one afternoon and came across this great design called Schoolhouse by Teresa Wentzler...
It's a small little project but it packs a punch! As you can see there all the threads are blended and there are lots of confetti stitches so it is very time consuming....
I decided to try a technique called 'Parking' hence all the hanging threads, but found it wasn't really my thing...
Overall, I didn't get very far and think I may be in over my head with this one, soooooo not sure when I'll return to it. : /

2 comments:

Magical Mystery said...

Teresa Wentzler is quite well known for her blending of threads and complicated patterns even on a small scale but if you stick with it the results are well worth it :)

Don't let it become a UFO - looking at the rest of your work I'm sure you can do it!

Calico said...

Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving some words of encouragement on this one! I do love the finished piece and when the time is right, I'm sure I'll tackle it again. One (blended) stitch at a time, right?! :)