Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Back from camping


Credits: Quickpage from J. Baechtold (Scrapper's Guide); Vintage frames from Digiscrap.ch; Pristine action by Atomic cupcake; Font is Monotype Corsiva

Good afternoon! I didn't have a chance to post this before I left Friday but this was the layout I did for Greg for Father's day. I printed a small version and made a card out of it.
We just returned yesterday afternoon from our weekend camping trip. We decided to stay an extra night because we got a late start on Friday. We headed out at 11 friday and about 1o minutes from our house the brake controller on the trailer went out. We turned around and Greg worked on the problem until it was fixed so we didn't head out again until 4:30! The boys were such troopers about it so that helped. We only had about a 1 1/2 hour drive to our campsite near the town of Estes Park so we got there in time to set up the pop-up, eat dinner and make S'mores! I left my laptop at home and there was no cell service to speak of so it was a technology-free weekend and very relaxing...well as relaxing as camping can be with a 2 yo, a 4 yo and a dog, LOL! We did drive into town to grab a Starbuck's so I wasn't roughin' it too much! I took lots of pictures and there's some good scrapping material there so I need to get on the ball with my kit, so hang tight! If you want to view my pictures, you can do it HERE.

10 comments:

grambie said...

So nice to hear that you were able to have your weekend camping trip after the initial trailer problems. Just be thankful that you have a dh that can handle auto problems. You are definitely blessed. I have seen trips cancelled because of auto problems or delayed for days until they can get repairs.

So loved the layout with those fantastic photo of your handsome boys for your Father's Day layout. The colors definitely complements your design & photos. I am on hold while you do your camping designs. It can't stop me from admiring the elements & papers that you have designs. Disabled Senior Citizen, can't do camping. HUGS!!!

Lisa said...

Looks like everyone had a great time! The pics of the 'smores and cinnamon rolls just made me hungry!! What a nice looking family you have....the boys are adorable! The Father's Day card is beautiful!!

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Great layout! and camping looked like lots of fun. What kind of cooker is that? Looks like a safe :)

*Christie* said...

Wow, I have stayed in that same campsite before in my parents RV! lol. Estes Park is my fave.

Galtscrapper said...

Oh sigh... I MISS Estes Park. I'm in California now, have been for 8 years. I was born and raised in that oh so lovely city (lol) of Greeley. My mom spends her time between Platteville and Loveland these days...she works at Sam's Club handing out freebies :). My kids were asking me about the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory last night, and I was thinking about Estes Park...will have to take them there someday.

LVMommy22 said...

chris, your pix look so fun! i miss camping. my dh is too chicken to go with the kids and the trip i had planned last fall with a friend fell through. sigh. so scrap lots so i can live vicariously until this fall, lol!
:) M

Anonymous said...

I just had to take a look at your pictures. We also live in Colorado and have a POP UP. When we go to Estes Park, we stay at Estes Park Campground, out be the YMCA. It is set up more for tents and pop up and not so much for the RVs. I really like it there. Where did you stay?
We were in Grand Lake camping last weekend. I am planning on keeping an eye on your blog for your camping kit. I never seem to have enough of them.
Lynes3k@comcast.net

Mammacole1979 said...

I love your layout! It is so awesome. I'm so glad you got to enjoy a weekend away. Great pictures, you can tell you all had a good time.

Anonymous said...

I'm new to this blogging and am finally figureing out how to leave some love. I do love your designs.

Anonymous said...

I love this page you made for father'day. I keep it in my mind to try to copy you...(forgive me but I like it so much!!!)
take care
bugane