Sunday, May 3, 2015

Restart of Four Seasons Birds

 Way back at the beginning of 2012, I started this project, Four Seasons Birds by Janlynn, on the Aida that came with the kit. I quickly gave up because I had difficulty stitching the fractional stitches. My intention was to restart it on 28ct even-weave at some point. Well...3 years later, I'm finally doing it! 

Here is my new start AND finish of the first season...Spring!

 I chose to stitch it on 32ct white Lugana. It was still a bit more tedious than I like so I'm going to take a break before I move on to the next season.
Next up......a new (unexpected) start! :)

4 comments:

rosey175 said...

Such a happy piece! Good idea to stitch a season and then work on something else too. :D

priscilla said...

Very pretty!

Alyssa said...

Looks so nice! I stumbled upon your blog after googling this exact piece. I am working on spring right now and am quite frustrated with the fractional stitches too. But what I found upsetting is that the colors aren't matching up to the cover picture (symbols are different). I was ready to give up, but am stitching anyway. Yours gives me hope!

Calico said...

Thanks Alyssa.....that one was a bit of a bear, but beautiful when done! Hmmm.... maybe you got a bad chart if the symbols don't match.Mine seemed to be ok.