Sunday, December 29, 2013

Bewitching Owl Cross Stitch Pillow

I fell in love with this whimsical design on the cover of Cross Stitch & Needlework Magazine Sept 2012 issue. I got started right away on it...


I stitched this on 14ct black Aida and it was difficult to see the holes unless I was in the right lighting. I found it worked best when I stitched outside in the shade or near a window with indirect light.

Overall, it was a fairly easy fun design that stitched up quickly! I opted to finish it as a pillow to display during October...


The back of the pillow has an envelope fold so I can take it off and replace with a different cover when Halloween is over. I still have yet to make a different cover but I have a couple projects in mind including the one called Happy Home for springtime.

No comments: