Saturday, January 29, 2011

My New Macbook Pro!



I've always been a pc person but now I'm a Mac girl! G (as I'm now going to refer to my hubby) got a 15" Macbook Pro from his work and convinced me I needed one, too. Well, when the fan broke on the IBM laptop I was using, instead of fixing it, he surprised me with my very own 13" Macbook Pro. I have to say...I now understand the term "Once you go Mac, you never go back"! They are awwwwww-some!
We still have a couple other non-Mac laptops in the house that are used primarily by H and R (my 8 and 6 year olds). I've still been homeschooling on the non-Mac laptop since I have to share it with H and R. (not ready for them to get too comfy with "my" new toy just yet, lol!). And I still prefer to use the non-Mac laptop if I'm surfing while eating. Not quite ready to get crumbs in the keyboard of my precious new Mac just yet. There are some great fun things to play with. The favorite for the boys is Photo Booth with all sorts of fun ways to to make yourself look goofy with the built in camera. My favorite is iMovie '11. The boys had to do presentations about themselves for their online school so I jumped right into iMovie and made a couple little bios of the boys to present to their class for their "Stars of the week" presentations. So fun! Here they are if you'd like to watch:



2 comments:

*Christie* said...

I haven't watched the videos yet but YAY for your new Mac!!!!! hehehee! I'm so happy you are so happy with it. I also love that you are posting more stuff about your life!!! Sorry I'm a little behind but I am SO happy to see your blog posts!

scrapsara said...

Just watched the videos of the boys and they were great! They made me laugh too LOL.

Been a follower of your blog for a long while, and stop by every once in a while to see what's up in your life :)