Saturday, January 29, 2011

Croup :(

R has Croup and I feel bad for him. Croup is most common in kids under the age of 3 but Riley has a tendency to get it pretty bad even now, at age 6. He managed to skip it last winter but we weren't so lucky this winter. He usually gets it bad enough that we have to treat it with a dose of steroids (which I hate having to do). Hope he feels better soon! G didn't sleep a wink last night because when the boys get sick, he stays up most of the night keeping a watchful eye on them checking temps, listening to their breathing, giving them meds and most of all worrying about them. Lucky for me he's a night owl and has always been the nighttime caretaker of the boys from day 1 (except when I was nursing but even then, he gave them bottles whenever he could). I take over after 5 am since I'm the morning person of the house.

1 comment: