Friday, January 16, 2015

Glory of Autumn Cross Stitch

 Ah! The beauty of my favorite season (now only a distant memory)! What better way to celebrate Autumn than with a new project! I guess I can't really call it new because I've had it in my stash for a few years but since I never opened it, it's new, right???  It's called Glory of Autumn by Dimensions. I started stitching it on Sept 6, 2014.
It came with 14ct Ivory Aida but I swapped it for 18ct oatmeal Fiddler's Aida. I LOVE working with this and have quite a bit of it in my stash.
This kit has the most beautiful colors in it!! It looks so much better in real life than any pictures can show.
It does have some stitches that call for 6 strands of floss but I'm keeping them at 4. Six is a little too bulky for 18ct in my opinion.
Finally, here was my progress as of Dec 6, 2014. It was hard to put this one away but a Christmas design was calling my name..... that's up next!

1 comment:

Virpi said...

Your autumn project looks adorable! It has really pretty colours.