Sunday, July 31, 2011

Landscaping 101: Power Tools!

The first thing to be removed in our yard was this pine tree that was planted by me in a poor spot many years ago. If you care to know why it makes me sad to see this tree go, you can read about it HERE. Despite my sadness to see this tree go, it was a necessary step in our landscaping project for obvious reasons.

Enter new power tool #1- The Chainsaw (lithium battery-operated no less)! Why do something with a hand saw when you can do it much quicker with a power tool?

Going...
going....
Gone!
Within minutes the tree was a lifeless pile of branches. The whiskey barrel it was planted in still needs to be uprooted and I don't think that will happen without the aide of some sort of power tool.

G teaching the boys all about the coolness of his new toy and some rules of safety!
Now, what to do with all those branches??? We could bundle them up with string and set them out for the trash, or

Enter new power tool #2 - The Wood Chipper! G got a awesome deal on this barely-used chipper on Craigslist.
It smelled like Christmas with all that pine going through the chipper!


And in no time, our tree was reduced to mulch. Well, not all of it yet because the bag won't hold our entire tree but once we get our planter done, we will fill it with this mulch and chipper the rest of the tree.

4 comments:

*Christie* said...

Glad he got to use his wood chipper ;)

Richard C. Lambert said...

Despite my sadness to see this tree go, it was a necessary step in our landscaping project for obvious reasons.This blog

Unknown said...

Excellent info here, I am currently doing some research and found exactly what I was looing for. site

Click right now said...

Great post. Thank you for sharing! I have a questions.can you help me?